January 7, 2013

Did I meet my goals?


I'll give you the answer right now. A big, fat, resounding NOPE!!

Last January I wrote a post with all of my goals for my home in 2012. (You can see it here) Looking back now I'm pretty sure I knew there was no way I had the time or budget to finish all of those rooms. The only room that looks any different is Casey's bedroom.


(hopefully I'll finish it sometime and share all about it)

 Last February Scott made him the loft bed we had promised him. It took me months before I finally got it primed and then nothing. I never painted it, put up the curtain that is going to be underneath, finished the bedding, or put up lights by his head and underneath for reading. This would be why I never shared it here!

So as I thought about writing another post about my goals for 2013 I realized that they're the exact same. And I once again feel that it's unrealistic time and budget wise to think I can finish all of these rooms. So I have a new plan.

Here are my goals for the month of January. Nothing too big, but 2 things around my house that need to get done!!

First up, reupholster my kitchen chairs. I did a post about them here. But since then they have become very badly stained, not just by food, but a year of potty training...yuck, I know...so they have towels on them to hide it from guests.


(classy)

Secondly, fix up our basement stairs. These stairs go down to our basement but we live in a split level home so the basement is one of our most used rooms. Almost 2 years ago I told Scott I wanted to rip off the carpet and paint the hardwood stairs. He loved the idea and immediately ripped off the carpet for me. Then he had to pry off the linoleum tile underneath. There is so much glue on the wood that he tried to pry up a couple of steps and flip them over but the wood started splitting and cracking so he stopped. Now the first 2 stairs aren't even nailed down and this is what it looks like.


(gross)

Bare feet on the stairs?? Be careful for splinters, Casey!!! I still don't want to buy all new risers for this staircase just to paint them so I might give my palm sander another try or borrow a belt sander from someone.

So that's it!! Just two goals and 24 days left in the month to do them. Fingers crossed!!!


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of monthly goals. Yearly can be long - BOY do I know - and daily can be fussy and doesn't allow for life to happen.

    Can't wait to see the changes.
    If not this month..then next :)
    Grace is good.

    ~ Dana

    ReplyDelete