January 27, 2012

Andes Mint Chocolate Chewy Cookies

It's the last Friday of January? Seriously? 

On the first Friday of the month I put up a picture of the children's table and chairs I got off Craigslist. I was supposed to have it done by today for the "after" party at Shine Your Light. But the day after committing to finish that project I decided to quick re-do a desk first. The operative word in that sentence being quick. The desk is still not finished. 

I started the table and chairs 2 nights ago when I realized this was the last week of January and haven't finished yet. sigh....

But on a positive note I was able to run up to the kitchen and make some yummy cookies in between paint drying/stripper....doing whatever stripper does!



While grocery shopping the other day I saw some Andes Mint Chocolate baking chips and thought they'd be so good in some chewy chocolate cookies!

I got the recipe for the chocolate cookies somewhere on the net last spring. I made about 300 and packaged them for my little sister's wedding favors, that was a long day ;)

So here's what you'll need to make them:

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet morsels
Andes chocolate mint baking chips


(semi-sweet morsels not pictured, oops!)

Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.



In a separate bowl gently stir the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.


I had to quick show a pic of one of my favorite Christmas presents from this year, my stainless steel measuring cups and spoons from William Sonoma! :)


Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture while beating on low until it is completely combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until firm enough to handle.

When chilled take a heaping tablespoon size of dough and roll it in a ball, flatten with the palms of your hands and place on cookie sheet (I use my Pampered Chef stoneware). Then sprinkle with your Ande's baking chips.


Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. You want them to still look somewhat doughy and not crisp at all when you take them out. Let cool for about 5 minutes, transfer to cooling rack carefully. They're fragile, but that's good, once completely cooled they're not as fragile, but they're still nice and chewy in the middle!

Now get out a BIG glass of milk, you're going to need it. ;)












10 comments:

  1. Yum! I love mint and chocolate, these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, YUM! Those sound divine....I love Andes mints and a good chocolate cookie, can't wait to combine the two! Maybe you'll link this up to Mangia Mondays this coming Monday?
    And link up your table and chairs next month - or the month after....I'm sure you'll get to them eventually! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And people are still talking about those wedding cookies!! It's funny that you mentioned them because just this morning I found a couple of the tags I saved. It reminded me how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Swoon, thud* They look amazing. And, those W-S measuring cups were a sweet gift, too. BTW, I noticed your Cloverbloom box - adorable. I collect vintage cheese boxes and I have a Cloverbloom, too :) They are so timeless.
    ~ Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These look incredible, I love Andes mints. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saying Hi From Craft-O-Maniac Mondays. my hubby loves choc mint, they look simply divine! Please stop by and say hi at Cards and Things By Alex http://schnookle.blogspot.com :-)
    Cheers Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look sooooo delicious! I'm hosting a linky party, the theme is all time favorite post- would love it if you joined in!
    -Melissa
    www.SerendipityandSpice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Thanks for linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super chocolately! A chocolate lovers' dream! Amazing cookies!

    ReplyDelete